Bryan, OH 43506 US
Are you looking to make a career change to an established and rapidly growing manufacturing company? This exciting opportunity as an Assistant Controller offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, 401(k) matching, and PTO. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
Assistant Controller Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of all accounting records, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards.
- Implement and ensure best practices in the company monthly financial close cycle and reporting.
- Oversee preparation of monthly journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Support audit and state tax compliance activity.
- Assist with the maintenance of internal controls and safeguards for the Company’s accounting transactions, assets, and operations.
- Assist with the development, maintenance of and adherence to company accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare information for external auditors/tax preparers for annual audit and tax returns.
- Assist with compliance for local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
Assistant Controller Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting.
- 5+ years’ experience in an accounting role.
- Strong understanding of and experience applying accounting theory and GAAP.
- Hands-on experience with AS400 Manufacturing and Finance, Paycor Payroll, and ERP implementation experience preferred.
- Solid experience with MS Office (specifically Excel) and accounting software.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Proactive, flexible, assertive, with a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Able to analyze information and utilize time management.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Direct Hire
Ask for: Andy Bates
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.