CNC Set Up Technician
West Milford, NJ 07480 US
- Divide workload amongst other CNC Set-Up Technicians as per schedule for machine set-ups.
- Understand and confirm the bar stock material, paperwork, tools, and proper gages for the job to be performed.
- Tooling and gages must be pulled from the CNC tool crib and laid at the CNC machine to be set up. Then tooling needs to be installed into the CNC machine turret tool position.
- First touch off all tools and update the program mentioning its tool's positions. To avoid tooling interference dry run a part and then confirm if the touch settings are accurate.
- Record machine, program and work order number, CNC Set-Up Technician’s name, quantity, and finally set up and cycle time.
- Draft& and maintain all paperwork like QC inspection sheet with first part dimension, and operator’s checklist with proper tools positions for the operators to make the adjustments by logging into QC 2000. In addition to this complete the setup description sheet.
- Get visual approval to review the first piece with CNC’s operations manufacturing manager.
- CNC Set-Up Technician acts as a guide and aids CNC operators by troubleshooting issues if any and creating and editing CNC machine programs.
- The CNC Set-Up Technician performs a visual inspection of parts for surface finish, chatters, burrs, tits, chamfer irregularities and hexes and confirms the first part inspection sample and engineering print.
Salary Range: 2nd Shift: $20-$30/hr.
- The CNC Set-Up Technician needs to have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have experience setting up CNC machines such as Swiss, Star, Mori, Hass, Omniturn, etc. for 2+ years in a similar production or manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work 2nd Shift.
- Basic communication and math skills are a must-have.
- Own or purchase a Venier Caliper for measuring parts and an eye loop for inspecting parts.
- Learning ability to set up Computer Numeric Controlled Machines.
Ask for: (Anjali Shah)
Job ID: 23479