Director of Purchasing
Brookshire, CA US
- The Director of Purchase is responsible for purchasing operations and the bidding of new projects.
- Must review and execute contracts and material ordering.
- Must manage and implement department processes and procedures.
- Responsible for Direct reports, trade negotiations, budget management/reporting, and national contracts. Must oversee workflow for employees.
- Must be responsible for the daily operations of the purchasing department and activities.
- The Director of Purchase is responsible for creating budgets for potential projects.
- Responsible for bids out onsite construction; negotiate with subcontractors, national product rebates etc.
- Responsible for generating and circulating house budgets.
- The Director of Purchase must review Purchase Order claims and contracts.
- Must find new subcontractors, assist Construction Department with management of subcontractors.
- Responsible for purchasing systems and procedures.
- Assess supply chain conditions to determine product availability and timing of orders.
- Must develop and implement administrative and office procedures and practices.
- Conduct regular staff meetings, interviews and hires staff members, coaches and ensures staff receives appropriate training.
- The Director of Purchase must hold a degree in real estate or from a relevant field. Masters preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years degree of Purchasing management experience from a Home Building background.
- Must have Home Building experience in the Bay Area/ CA, to be considered for the position.
- Experience in single family and multifamily home construction
- Managerial experience with residential homebuilding industry or related industry is a must.
- Experience in handling major trades is a must.
- Must be willing to travel as needed and do field visits.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
- Paid time off
- $120k - $170k/annum depending on experience.
Ask for: Amrita Mukherjee
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.