Dallas, TX 75201 US
- The Finance Director must prepare all financial statements, review general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy of accounts and develop a chart of accounts.
- Manage cash flows, month end closings, collections and payments, assist with tax functions, as well as special projects.
- Set up accounting systems to ensure effective and efficient recording of accounting transactions.
- Identify critical success factors and ways to measure them.
- Monitor operating procedures and internal controls.
- Provide management with financial and operational information vital to the decision-making process, including revenue streams, costs and margins.
- The Finance Director must hire, train and evaluate qualified accounting staff.
- Must develop and manage accounting staff and supervise exempt and non-exempt accounting staff.
- Coordinates activities with external auditors.
- Performs year-end audit, REAC FDS submissions and facilitate meetings.
- Must abide by all Board approved policies, policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment, executive communications, administrative procedures, and safety procedures established.
- The Finance Director must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Must hold a CPA.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of Public Housing Authority accounting work experience with a large Housing Authority or a government entity.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have knowledge of DHA organization, operations, policies & procedures, GAAP, Auditing Principles related to public sector financial administration.
- The Finance Director must have knowledge of Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) standards, recommended practices and policies, Federal and state grant and special fund accounting regulations, procedures, and accountability standards.
- Must be familiar with housing related/accounting software.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
- Paid Time Off
Salary: $110K-$120K annually
Ask for: Amrita Mukherjee
Job Id: 23490
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.