Human Resources Director
Wasco County, OR US
- The Human Resources Director must review and make recommendations regarding the organization’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Must maintain industry trends and employment legislation and ensure organization’s compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicate changes in the organization’s personnel policies and procedures and ensure that proper compliance is followed.
- Must assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s wage and salary program.
- Must coordinate or conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate on personnel matters.
- The Human Resources Director must recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development for the organization.
- Supervise staff of the human resources department and administer all health, welfare, and retirement benefits for employees including initial enrollment, plan design, open enrollment, FMLA/OFLA, ACA compliance, and functioning as liaison between employees and carriers.
- Must develop and maintain recognition programs, coaching managers and department heads about how to proactively address and resolve issues and respond to investigations and grievances.
- Act as ADA Coordinator and EEO Compliance Officer for Wasco County.
- Must assist in annual planning and budgeting as part of the County’s financial processes.
- Must manage the HR department’s budget.
- Responsible for contracting for services such as benefit contracts, legal counsel, investigations, etc.
- The Human Resources Director must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must hold a PHR or SPHR certification.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of county/ govt organization.
- Must hold IPMA-CP or IPMA-SCP certification.
- The Human Resources Director must have a robust knowledge of Human Resource administration, including benefits, compensation, employee relations/coaching, recruitment, training, labor relations, performance management, employment law compliance, safety, and workers’ compensation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with computer systems and office machines.
- Must hold a driver's license.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
- Paid Time Off
Salary: $90K-$100K annually
Ask for: Amrita Mukherjee
Job Id: 23495
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.