Mechanical Design Engineer
Exeter, NH 03833 US
Are you looking to make a career change to a rapidly growing manufacturing company? This exciting opportunity as a Mechanical Design Engineer offers a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid PTO, etc. Does this position match your future career goals? Then this Mechanical Design Engineer opportunity could be the right fit for you.
- The Mechanical Design Engineer must develop innovative mechanical subsystem designs which meet product requirements and cost targets.
- Must generate and check drawings ensuring dimensioning scheme, appropriate GD&T, and ASME Y14.5 compliance.
- Generate logical test plans to evaluate new or modified product designs and work with Test Technicians to complete testing as needed and generate reports.
- Must compile and analyze test data, formulating hypotheses and rational conclusions, initiate design for manufacturability reviews with manufacturing engineers, and vendors.
- Must identify QAPs for tolerance stack contributions and Quality Function/FMECA characteristics and perform statistical tolerance stack analyses to optimize tolerancing schemes.
- Must complete complex, accurate, sub-system analysis using FEA, Motion, CFD, heat transfer, or other software.
- The Mechanical Design Engineer must consistently follow safe firearm handling practices, follow all range safety procedures.
- Process-change orders through the PLM system for the release and revision of parts, assemblies, and SKUs.
- Determine appropriate part dispositions and status levels.
- Evaluate part inspection data and determine the acceptability of non-conformances, providing feedback to suppliers.
- Must actively participate in the 5S Standards, continuous improvement of technical information, analytical methods, design practices, and other R&D activities and follow all required Safety and ISO procedures.
- Must be willing to travel infrequently.
- The Mechanical Design Engineer must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have 2+ years of Engineering experience working in an R&D environment.
- Must be proficient in using CAD software to create parametric solid models and associated drawings. SolidWorks highly preferred.
- Must understand manufacturing methods including machining, metal injection molding, plastic injection molding, stamping/fine blanking, extrusion, forging, and casting as well as knowledge in material selection, heat treatment, and coatings.
- Must have hands-on experience with mechanical assembly.
- The Mechanical Design Engineer must perform complex analyses such as FEA, kinematic and dynamic motion, CFD, and/or heat transfer.
- Must be able to generate clear, fully dimensioned, ASME Y14.5 compliant drawings of complex parts using logical datum structures and functional dimensioning schemes.
- Must be familiar with GD&T symbology and standard inspection methods and complete complex tolerance stack analyses. Proficiency with tolerance stack software is preferred.
- The Mechanical Design Engineer must be able to collect data using tools such as HSV, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and propose viable solutions and convey ideas concisely, both verbally and in written form.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using and maintaining firearms and/or related products is preferred.
- Experience using a PLM system such as Agile, is preferred.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Direct Hire
- Paid Time Off
Ask for: Amrita Mukherjee
Job Id: 23560
Ajulia Executive Search is a New Jersey based Executive Search Firm specializing in retained searches in multiple sectors, including Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Pharmaceutical. We have a nationwide client base and offer services in temporary and direct hire placements.